Wednesday, March 13, 2013

STARS 7


You’ve got to dance like there’s nobody watching,
Love like you’ll never be hurt,
Sing like there’s nobody listening,
And live like it’s heaven on earth.
―William W. Purkey


When I read this quote I got the implication that the authors wants his readers to put full emotion and effort into all their activities, and not worry about the harsh critiques. The only part I didn't really understand was the last line. I feel that I do apply some of the aspects to my daily life. For example, when I read the third line, I receive the implication the author wants us to not take everything so seriously and enjoy ourselves. I do like to take time out of my life to hangout with friends after doing homework and just release all the stress by being "goof-balls". 

During my spring break, I did nothing. I relaxed, and it was great. I did plan on catching up on some reading and notes for classes, but it didn't workout as great as I would have liked. I didn't mind though, because I truly needed to relax. I also spent time with my siblings, which was great  because I really miss them when I'm at school. 

I enjoyed reading the article. I thought the article was telling us to take everything life presents us as a gift to better ourselves and others. I implied that the articles was also telling us to take control of are lives, because we are able to shape them into anything we please as long as we work hard for it. This article is usefully for a group of leaders to read because a leader should have a good mindset. The traits the authors speaks of are also essential for a leader to inquire. Such as, the sixth, "Remain positive and focused through failure". I believe this might be the most important of all seven. This is because I believe it is essential for a leader be positive; if a leader is not positive why should the rest of the team remain positive? If a leader gains a negative attitude, it just set the team up for failure. I would like to reach a higher mindset. a trait I would like to improve is to embrace challenges. I am able to accept them but not embrace them. The next challenge I will have to embrace is my ethic test, because it's the class I have no idea what is going on. 

So far I have enjoyed my experience at Family Matters. I find it interesting to connect with  a child that comes from both a similar and different background than me. I occasionally find myself comparing her life to my life when I was her age. I believe the whole STARS LEAD and Family Matter project/group work effective and would not change anything about them. 



I don't really think I have a theme song, but this is the song I was listening at the moment. I listen most of this group's music while I do homework because it's calming yet it's still motivating. I don't relate to the song lyrics at all, but I do find it catchy and easy to sing too. This just happens to be one of my favorite songs from them because I find it a little tropical. The fact that it is tropical is significant to me because most of the music I grew up listening to had that tropical feel to it, and this song hits close to home. 

http://youtu.be/Qd_dNHh3PSo

No comments:

Post a Comment