Thursday, March 21, 2013

STARS 8

I  believe Ellen DeGenere's is completely right. I think we all find ourselves in tough times and can only see the negativity in situation. Seeing the bad side of things only makes getting through the situation even tougher. By making the shift to happiness, we can feel more motivated to find a solution and get through the difficulties. I do apply this to my life. When I am having a tough week and am feeling stress all I want to do is sleep and just forget about it all. But no, I remind myself as soon as I finish all my task and get through the week my I will be able to fully enjoy my weekend. I use the shift from negativity to positiveness to motivate myself.

I love talking to my mentee. She is very talkative and is easy to have a conversation with. I also just now found out that right after we mentor some of the kids have homework mentors, including mine. So now we usually don't do homework unless she has a load. Last week we did a puzzle and she started opening up about her family, which she normally doesn't give too much information about. Her opening up about it shows me she does trust and does want to build a relationship. I'm excited for the kids to visit next week. My only fear is that it will be cold, and the tour will not be as enjoyable.

Just reading the Optimist Creed makes me feel happy. Every time I read something like that it makes me think, "You know what? Yeah! You're right! Let's be happy!". I think a strength in the creed is where it mentions to encourage all your friends. I think this is important because to be a happy positive person you need to surround yourself around them.


“if you look for what you can learn
from problems and failures, you’ll be looking at the sunny side. More important,
you’ll be on your way to making your optimism come true”

I think the previous quote is significant because it is telling us to stop making the same mistake. We should learn from them to prevent them and never make them again. To be a leader we should be optimistic and learn to move forward because if we don't we will never make any progress.


Although it's sad their closings schools, I think it's good that they are changing the funding formula. I think that is good because the previous formula was not working as efficiently as it should have. I don't feel comfortable that they are skewing the funding towards only early education and high school only, because it leave out the middle. I think the kids left in the middle should be most concentrated on because they are at the age where you should "suck them into education"

After reading this I felt Gandhi was telling us to take control of our lives and to be responsible. We are in charge. The strengths I saw were to keep growing and evolving and without action you aren't going anywhere. I think these are important because they are telling you to not stay in one place, and reminding us that you can't become a doctor with just saying you want it, you have to do  it too. We all want to be better leaders, so in order for this to happen we ourselves have to keep learning and evolving to better serve our team.

No comments:

Post a Comment